Happy Tuesday, blog friends. So much for a consistent blogging schedule this summer. Aside from work, I’ve been quite busy reading-wise. I have a lot of review assignments this summer for the magazine I write for and I’ve also been collaborating with a few others on reviewing upcoming books and featuring them on my Bookstagram.
I’m currently in the middle of reading 5-6 books…I’ve lost count! A few are assigned, a few I promised to read/review, and a few I’m just reading for myself as I have this insatiable need to constantly read something I choose personally despite being swamped with other books.
Anyway, I hope you’re all doing well. Please let me know how you are and what you’re reading.
The darling Rebecca of Bookishly Rebecca nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award back in April and I am so thankful. If you do not already follow her, I hope you will now.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Display the award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers that you admire and inform them of their nomination
I’m so tempted to share some of the same facts I’ve provided in earlier award posts because I feel like I’m running out of interesting things to tell you about myself!
- My middle name is “Caresse,” which is the same middle name that my sister has. Apparently it’s a Filipino thing to have two daughters with the same middle name (at least that’s what my mother told me).
- I almost always read lying down–10% of the time on my tummy and 90% of the time on my side.
- I majored in Music Education and I still can’t spell “rhythm” right on the first attempt.
- I love listening to all types of music and my most listened to playlists recently on Spotify include my Christian playlist, Disney Playlist, and the “All the Feels” and “Down in the Dumps” playlists created by Spotify.
- I was just named a rep for Otter Nonsense Designs on Etsy for the months of July, August and September! You can either use my rep code SINGPRETTYREADBOOKS at checkout or access the shop via my shareable link here and 15% off will automatically be taken off your order. Shop owner Jamie-Leigh makes some of the most adorable bookmarks, magnets, and prints for all sorts of fandoms. You can visit my linktr.ee for links to my other social media and all the shops I currently rep for.
- My sister and I recently gave up our Netflix account to switch to Hulu, mainly because it has all seasons of Bob’s Burgers and Sailor Moon (among many other things). But we will most likely pick up Netflix again when the next season for Stranger Things comes out.
- Coffee doesn’t actually have a wake up effect on me–it just brings me comfort. I will drink coffee at any time of day.
Lena | The Printed Girl
Danielle | Life of a Literary Nerd
Kaila | The Traveling Inkwell
Kristin | Kristin Kraves Books
Kayla | Kayla Reads and Reviews
Erica | Erica’s Bookshelves
Sophie | Sophie’s Corner
Chaz | Life of Chaz
Thank you again, Rebecca for nominating me. I look forward to learning more about all of you.