Official rules found on The Global Aussie
Happy Wednesday and Valentine’s day, friends! Since I don’t really do anything special for V-Day, I thought I’d share the love with this awesome blogger award. Thank you to the lovely Peachy over at Book Dragon Lair who nominated me for the Liebster Award! I feel absolutely terrible because I’m pretty sure someone else nominated me months ago, but I can’t seem to find the original post (if it was you and you’re reading this, my deepest apologies…but THANK YOU!)
I love these kinds of blog tags because they just make everyone feel so special. I’m so glad to be a part of this awesome community.
Now the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog/post
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions
- Come up with your own set of 11 questions to be answered by your nominees
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing – don’t forget to tag them, provide a link to their blogs – let them know!!
Peachy’s 11 Qs and my 11 As:
What are your top 3 favorite #bookstagram accounts?
Oh there are just so many that I absolutely love and I love them all for different reasons! Winnie of @HundredAcreBooks is one of my closest friends on bookstagram now and you can also find her blog here. My friend Cade is the very talented founder & creative designer of Hey Atlas Creative (shop/instagram) and they take some of the most beautiful photos! And lastly, another one of my very good friends, Chess (@poodles.ponies.peonies), is an Australian bookstagrammer who does the best unboxings and always has something funny to say.
If you can name your child/pet after a book character, what will be the name of your child/pet?
I usually tend to gravitate toward Disney characters for pet names (my dog’s name is Olaf) and I actually keep lists for my favorite baby names for girls & boys (Judy/Jude). But I do really like the name Nicholas, which is partially inspired by Nioklai from The Crown’s Game and Diana from Wonder Woman: Warbringer. I don’t really think much about who the character is as much as I think about how the name sounds.
What is the date stamp on the first post of your current blog?
January 25, 2017…I missed my own one year bloggiversary…LOL.
What are your top 2 underrated recommended reads?
What are some features you wish more bookstores would have? This can either be something that’s already present but generally not, or something you’ve never seen.
Hmmm…I have no idea! I don’t really go to bookstores often because I always buy books for myself online because they’re less expensive or they offer special incentives. I sort of wish B&N sold cool book posters and artwork.
Name your top 5 book boyfriends/girlfriends.
Will Herondale (The Infernal Devices), Jace Herondale (The Mortal Instruments), Thomas Cresswell (Stalking Jack the Ripper), Rhysand (A Court of Thorns and Roses), and Kaidan/Kai Rowe (Sweet Evil).
Let’s have some fun. Do, date, or ditch your answers to Q6. Since there are only 3 categories, the 2 you don’t mention you automatically ditch 😉
(You are literally killing me with this question)
RIGHT NOW…I would do Rhysand, marry Thomas, and (*screams internally*) ditch Kai.
*Note: These opinions are subject to change as I would have absolutely no emotional or physical self-control around any of my book boyfriends. I would want to jump all of their bones all at once.
Write one favorite book quote, include author and name, and why?
“For there are no limits to the stars, their numbers infinite. Which is precisely why I measure my love for you by the stars. An amount too boundless to count.” — Thomas Cresswell to Audrey Rose in Hunting Prince Dracula. Who wouldn’t want to marry someone who says things like that?!
Name a buzz book/super popular book you think is overrated.
I haven’t actually read it, but I’m really over The Hunger Games. There are so many other great dystopian/sci-fi books that deserve the “it” status.
What’s one song that reminds you of a particular book, and what book does it remind you of?
*Shameless self-promotion: check out my latest Music Monday post for my answer 🙂
If a book you liked is made into a movie, include pictures of your ideal cast for at least 2 of the characters. You can pick a book that’s already been made into a movie if you think some other actors/actresses could have played the role/s.
I am no good at casting book characters, honestly. But I weirdly love shipping Matthew Daddario & Victoria Justice in my head and think they could make a decent Rhysand and Feyre if they really wanted to.
I ask the following 11 things:
- What was one of your favorite books as a child?
- Name a book you really disliked and why.
- How often do you get to read during the week?
- If you could write a letter to a fictional character, what would your letter be about?
- Do you read any type of fanfiction and do you have a link to your favorite?
- If you had to re-brand your blog, what would you call it and why?
- Is there a character that a lot of people actually hate but you secretly (or not-so-secretly) love?
- If you could be the ambassador for a book that you think EVERYONE should try reading at least once, which book would it be?
- What aspects of a book are really critical to you in determining a book’s merit or rating?
- How do you keep track of books you’ve read and want to read?
- Do you use your local/school library at all?
So, I’m still kind of new to the book blogging community, so I’m sorry if you’ve already been nominated for this one!
- Ashleigh | For the Love of Books
- Abby | AJ’s Pages
- Rebekah | My Bookish Babblings
- Kyera | Kyera’s Library
- Stuck in a Book World
- Ashley Rae | Thrifty Bibliophile
- Goreti | Goreting
- Marwa | AdoreABook
- Savannah | Read, Sav, Read
- Anouk van der Zee | Adventures of a Bookish Girl
- Wendy | Suburbia Reads
Spread the award, spread the love! I’d love to read anyone and everyone’s answers to my questions. Thanks again to Peachy for her nomination–I am honored!